PST (Personal Solar Telescope) has been awarded a 2004 Best of What's New Award
from Popular Science Magazine ..
The Personal Solar Telescope(PST) incorporates state of the art patented technology
to provide superb views of both Solar surface detail and prominences. The PST
uses a 5mm blocking filter that cannot be removed or changed. It uses a modified
Sol Ranger as its built in sunfinder. Includes a Kellner 3-element multi-coated
- Built in Sun finder
- Internal optical re-focusing mechanism provides compatibility with most
conventional eyepiece lenses.
- Blocking Efficiency 10¯5
- Nominal Spectral Bandwidth of Operation <1.0A
- Wavelength of Operation 656.3 nm (H-alpha)
- Clear Aperture 40 mm
- Objective focal length 400 mm
- Objective threaded to take SolarMax40 and create <0.6A telescope.
- Approximate Dimensions of Main Body 15 L x 2.1 W x 3 H
- 12.5mm Eyepiece included with initial offering