- This complete, mid-size refractor telescope is packed with features for serious beginners
- Versatile 90mm aperture, f/6.7 telescope delivers bright views of a wide variety of celestial objects from the Moon and planets to star clusters and more beyond the Solar System
- Designed for stargazing, the included EQ-1C equatorial mount provides slow-motion controls to easily track objects as they appear to move across the night sky
- Use the included 25mm eyepiece for wide 24x views, and boost power up to 60x with the 10mm eyepiece
- Also includes 90-degree diagonal and a red-dot reflex sight
With its moderate f/6.7 focal length and 90mm aperture, this mid-size refractor telescope is a great choice for serious beginners.
The wide-field optics of the BX90 EQ Refractor makes it easier to find objects in the night sky compared to longer telescopes. The refractor's substantial 90mm (3.54") objective lens collects much more light than typical starter scopes for brighter, more pleasing performance on a wide variety of interesting celestial objects. Whether you're going after powerful views of craters on the Moon, or looking for wide views of star clusters beyond the Solar System, the versatile Orion BX90 EQ Refractor fits the bill. Internal, knife-edge baffles help minimize off-axis reflections to optimizes contrast for sharp and crisp observations.
The included EQ-1C equatorial mount comes with useful slow-motion controls which can be used to manually track objects as they appear to move across the sky. You can even add an optional EQ-1CM motor drive (sold separately) for hands-free tracking. The EQ-1C mount sits on top of a sturdy tripod with a clip-in accessory tray that enhances stability and provides a spot to stow idle eyepieces and accessories. The tripod features extendable legs which can be adjusted in height for comfortable use. Once assembled, the entire BX90 EQ weighs 15.5 lbs. for easy portability.
This complete telescope setup comes with everything you need to star stargazing right away. Two 1.25" eyepieces provide different magnification options right out of the box. Use the included 25mm Kellner for wide views at 24x magnification, and boost magnifying power up to 60x with the 10mm Plössl eyepiece when you want to take a closer look. The Orion BX90 EQ Refractor Telescope also includes a 90° star diagonal for comfortable nighttime viewing and a red-dot sight to help aim the telescope.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing: Lunar & planetary
- Best for imaging: Solar, lunar & planetary
- User level: Beginner
- Optical design: Refractor
- Optical diameter: 90mm
- Focal length: 600mm
- Focal ratio: f/6.7
- Coatings: Multi-coated
- Optics type: Air-spaced doublet
- Glass material: Crown/Flint
- Eyepieces: Kellner 25.0mm, Plossl 10.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 24x, 60x
- Resolving power: 1.29arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 13x
- Highest useful magnification: 180x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 180x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 12.4
- Finder scope: Reflex sight
- Focuser: 1.25" Rack-and-pinion
- Diagonal degrees: 1.25" 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type: Equatorial
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar & planetary
- Dovetail bar system: Yes
- Motor drive compatibility: Clock drive sold separately
- Setting circles: yes
- Polar-axis scope: Not available
- Tube material: Steel
- Tripod material: Aluminum
- Length of optical tube: 23.7 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 3.3 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod: 8.9 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled: 15.5 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: Clip in accessory tray
- Other features: Includes one 3.25 lb counterweight
- Warranty: One year
- Lithium Battery Weight: 0.10 grams
In the Box:
- Orion BX90 90mm f/6.7 Refractor Telescope Optical tube
- EQ-1C equatorial mount and adjustable tripod
- One 3.25 lb. counterweight
- Tube mounting clamp
- 25mm Kellner eyepiece, 1.25"
- 10mm Plossl eyepiece, 1.25"
- 90-degree Star diagonal, 1.25"
- Red-dot reflex sight