The Baader Fringe-Killer Filter minimizes unwanted blue fringing, comparable to
a Minus-Violet Filter, while retaining a very pleasing colour balance.
This would be a contradiction in itself - only made possible by applying modern
DWDM plasma coating technology, almost a hundred coating layes to be accumulated
onto a planoptically polished substrate - without destroying the optical figure!
This fine optical tool will help a small refractor to really put the advertised
magnification within reach.
Performance rivals that of the most expensive colour correcting lens systems,
costing 20 times as much!
- Offering the brightest image of all colour correcting devices in the industry.
The Fringe-Killer is a must for even the smallest of refracting (lens type
- Removes blue fringing as well as RED fringing above 656 nm!
- `Breaks` the intensity of the devastating false blue color in a completely
new way, never ever before manufactured as astronomical filter.
- Forms a `plateau` of eff. 50%transmission in the `blue` spectral region
from 450nm to 480nm being much more complex to produce than even the
narrowest of all Nebula Filters.
- Retains the highest light transmission of all known color correcting devices
be it filters or lenses in all important deep sky wavelengths
from 486/501 up to 656 nm. LIGHT is `the hottest commodity` for high magnification
- Built-in Infrared Blocker, ranging from 656nm to 1150nm, makes it the perfect
tool for CCD work, as well as afocal projection-photography with digital cameras
for Moon & Planets.
- Subtlest of color variations remain visible in planetary surface detail,
due to the excellent color balance.
- Combine with our 31.7mm Red RG-610 color filter, to receive an ultra narrow
(70nm) wide H-alpha passband filter of unheared of 95% peak transmission at
worlds lowest price!.
- Combine with our NEODYMIUM Moon & Skyglow Filter (with Phantom-Group-Multicoatings)
for breathtaking contrast on lunar and planetary surface detail!
- Planoptically polished, means perfect sharpness, even when mounted way in
front of a binocular viewer, or during afocal projection (digital imaging).
- No deterioration of resolution with magnification at 300 times or more
as it would happen with the usual `flame polished` (raw polished) glass, commonly
used for all sorts of filters!
- Coating: Plasma assisted, hardest, scratch proof and water impermeable dielectric
coatings of almost 50 coating layers on either side, most carefully designed
to extend equal tension onto either side of the substrate in order
to retain a highest quality optical figure.
- Will make the performance of a simple f/8 economy refractor look like a
classic f/15 Fraunhofer-Achromate.