The key is knowing both when and how much to water!
Maintaining a healthy water balance is essential for producing high quality
plants. Under-watered plants suffer from nutrient deficiencies, stunting and
wilting. Conversely, over-watered plants are more susceptible to disease pressure
and less tolerant of dry conditions later on in their life cycle. Extreme over-watering
will suffocate the plant and lead to root death. The new Spectrum WaterScout
SM 100 Soil Moisture Sensor measures soil moisture with little or no disturbance
to the root zone. The thin shape and pointed tip allows for easy insertion into
the soil or growing medium. Use the Soil
Moisture Reader to take fast and accurate spot readings. Or, bury the sensor
and track soil moisture changes over time with a WatchDog®
data logging weather station (with Spec 9 Pro Software). Not compatible
with 400/200 loggers. WatchDog Stations sold prior to 2009 must be upgraded.
- Standard Interfase: WatchDog Weather Station, FieldScout soil moisture
- Range: 0% VWC to saturation
- Power Requirementes: 3 to 5V @ 6 to 10mA
- Output: Analog Voltage 0.5 - 1.5V for a 3V exitation (ratiometric
for other excitation voltages)
- Resolution: 0.1% VWC
- Cable Length: 6 and 10 ft. standard, extendable up to 50 ft.
- Accuracy: 3% VWC @ EC < mS/cm
- Sensing Area: 2.4" x 0.8"