Make our super affordable analog penetrometer your first line of defense against
Soil Compaction meters (often called penetrometers) are used to determine the
density of soil and other material. An operator pushes a rod with attached (ASAE
standard) cone into the ground. The resistance of the cone is displayed as it
is pushed in the ground.
Unseen soil compaction can limit root growth and water and nutrient absorption.
This compaction meter enables you to identify compacted areas in pounds per
square inch so that you can use deep tillage or other practices recommended
for your area based on hard facts.
- 24 in stainless steel rod with adjustable shock collar to prevent damage
to the gauge during transport or storage
- Easy to read, color-coated, stainless steel dial that is liquid filled to
- Durable molded housing with rubber grip handles
- Large and small tip included with convenient storage in tester housing
- Penetration Depth: Up to 24 in (60 cm) in 3 in (7.6 cm) increments