- A proverbial light bucket 8" reflector telescope on our stable SkyView Pro equatorial (EQ) mount will provide hour after hour of stargazing fun for the whole family
- Big 8" parabolic primary mirror and 1000mm focal length (f/4.9) make the SkyView Pro 8 an ideal telescope for viewing deep-space objects such as cloudy nebulas, distant galaxies, and both open and globular star clusters
- Also capable of breathtaking views of closer cosmic fare like the planets of our solar system and the Moon
- SkyView Pro equatorial mount with stainless steel tripod provides excellent stability and smooth manual tracking control with the included slow-motion control knobs
- Includes smooth-adjusting 2" Crayford focuser, two Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), 8x40 finder scope, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
The popular Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope has long been admired for its winning combination of outstanding optics and a rock-solid mount. This is one big telescope, capable of providing big, bright views of cosmic curiosities.
You'll be delighted with beautiful views of the night sky when using the SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope. You can go way beyond the Messier catalog with this telescope! Thanks to its substantial aperture, the 8" SkyView Pro gathers enough light for pleasing views of faint and elusive deep sky objects which you simply cannot detect with smaller diameter instruments. When aimed at the Moon or planets of the solar system, the Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope's long 1000mm focal length gives you the ability to resolve fine detail at high power.
Enjoy beautiful views of the solar system and beyond with this 8" reflector telescope.
This big reflector telescope tube collects a lot of light with its 8"-aperture, 1000mm focal length parabolic primary mirror. The telescope's moderately fast f/4.9 optics make it a versatile performer capable of providing bright, detailed views of objects in the solar system as well as distant and faint deep sky objects. The 8" reflector gives you a whopping 73% more light grasp than a 6" telescope to display brighter, sharper images for both visual study and astrophotography.
Stability for the big 8" aperture reflector is supplied courtesy of the included Orion SkyView Pro Equatorial Mount.
Equatorial mounts (also called "EQ mounts") can be aligned with Polaris, the North Star, so an attached telescope can easily follow celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky. The SkyView Pro equatorial head glides effortlessly in right ascension and declination thanks to enclosed 360° worm gears, providing a smooth stargazing experience. Sturdy knurled knobs on both axes of motion allow fine control adjustments so you can manually track objects for extended observations.
Use the smooth and precise Crayford focuser to dial-in details while stargazing.
The SkyView Pro 8 EQ Reflector comes equipped with a Crayford-style focuser that accepts big 2" telescope eyepieces. Smaller and typically more powerful 1.25" telescope eyepieces can also be used thanks to an included 2"-to-1.25" adapter. The Crayford focuser design provides buttery smooth focus control without backlash for pleasantly precise focus adjustments. You can aim the telescope easily thanks to an included, cross-hair equipped 8x40 finder scope.
Explore starry skies at two different magnifications with the included Sirius Plössl eyepieces.
Two high-quality, 4-element Sirius Plössl eyepieces come with the SkyView Pro 8 EQ Reflector. The included 25mm Sirius Plössl eyepiece supplies a 40x view, while the more powerful 10mm ocular boosts the telescope magnification all the way up to 100x for more close-up views. Each Sirius Plössl eyepiece boasts a wide, 52° apparent field-of-view, and they both accept 1.25" Orion filters to enhance your observations.
Stash idle telescope eyepieces in the included accessory tray for easy access.
The SkyView Pro 8 EQ Reflector Telescope comes with a sturdy accessory tray with multiple built-in spaces to store 1.25" and larger 2" size telescope eyepieces. The tray also acts as a rigid spreader plate for the tripod assembly to enhance stability for optimal performance.
The 8" reflector telescope optical tube is attached to the SkyView Pro EQ mount via an included quick-release dovetail plate for easy setup and disassembly. This complete reflector telescope setup also includes a quick-collimation cap and dustcaps for the front aperture and focuser tube. The telescope features a center mark on the 8" primary mirror for easy alignment (collimation) of the optics.
If you're interested in using the SkyView Pro 8 EQ telescope for astrophotography, you'll need an optional Orion TrueTrack single- or dual-axis DC drive motor drive or an Orion GoTo Upgrade Kit to capture extended exposures of the night sky (motor drives and GoTo Upgrade Kit sold separately).
Warranty. Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Warning. Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing: Brighter deep sky
- Best for imaging: Deep sky
- User level: Intermediate
- Optical design: Reflector
- Optical diameter: 203mm
- Finder scope lens diameter: 40mm
- Focal length: 1000mm
- Focal ratio: f/4.9
- Optics type: Parabolic
- Glass material: Soda-lime plate
- Eyepieces: Sirius Plossl 25.0mm,10.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 40x, 100x
- Resolving power: 0.57arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 29x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 406x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 14.2
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: 8x40
- Focuser: 2" Crayford
- Secondary mirror obstruction: 58mm
- Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter: 29%
- Secondary mirror obstruction by area: 8%
- Mirror coatings/over-coatings: Aluminum & Silicon Dioxide
- Mount type: Equatorial
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- Dovetail bar system: Yes
- Motor drive compatibility: Clock drive sold separately
- Computerized compatibility: Intelliscope system or Go-To system
- Bearing material: Sealed ball bearings
- Latitude range: 16-64
- Setting circles: Yes
- Polar-axis scope: Sold separately
- Counterweights: Two 7.5 lb.
- Tube material: Steel
- Tripod material: Steel
- Tripod leg diameter: 1.75 in.
- Counterweight bar length: 10 in.
- Diameter of counterweight shaft: 20mm
- Height range of mount: 42.25 in. - 55.00 in.
- Length of optical tube: 38.0 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 16.5 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod: 25.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled: 56.5 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: Collimation cap
- Other features: 2" Crayford focuser
- Warranty: One year
IN THE BOX
- Orion SkyView Pro 8" f/4.9 reflector telescope optical tube assembly
- 25mm Orion Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece
- 10mm Orion Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece
- Orion 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- Orion SkyView Pro equatorial mount
- 8x40 finder scope
- Finder scope bracket with O-ring
- Collimation cap
- Camera adapter
- Tube rings with mounting screws
- Tube ring mounting plate
- Counterweight shaft
- Tripod support tray
- Slow-motion control knobs
- R.A. axis rear cover
- Dust cap
- Starry Night Special Edition astronomy software digital download insert