- CMOS - SONY IMX178 Image Sensor
- 6.3 Megapixels (3072 x 2048)
- 1.25" Nosepiece, C-Mount
- 2.4µm x 2.4µm Pixel Size
- Can be used for Auto-Guiding, or Astrophotography of Solar System Objects
The LPI-G Advanced allows the user to experience our universe on a whole new level with Meade's Advanced solar, lunar, and planetary guide camera.
This USB 3.0 14-bit camera allows for increased dynamic range allowing the user to experience the universe like never before! The LPI-G Advanced features a large image sensor along with a high pixel count that allows for increased resolution, making it ideal for planets and solar imaging. The LPI-G Advanced has a back illuminated CMOS - SONY IMX178, image sensor with 2.4 x 2.4 micron pixel size and pixel array of 6.3 Megapixels (3072 x 2048). This Imager & Guider is able to take 59 frames per second at full resolution. The camera has a 3.0 connection and ASCOM ST-4 Guider Port for easy connection to the mount.
The LPI-G Advanced also includes a high-speed USB 3.0 connecting cable, ST-4 Guide Cable, 1.25" nose extension with C-Mount, and Meade Sky Capture Software on CD Rom - includes Installation and Operating instructions.
The LPI-G Advanced is able to save images in a variety of formats including: JPEG, BITMAP, FITS, TIFF, PNG, PCX, TGA & BCM. It can also save videos in either SER or AVI formats.
Will work with the following Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 & 64 Bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 & 64 Bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 & 64 Bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 & 64 Bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 & 64 Bit)
- Mac OS X
Computer Requirements: Equal to Intel Core 2.8GHz or higher. Solid State hard drive recommended for getting the maximum frame rates.
The LPI-G Advanced is available in both Color & Monochrome.
*NOTE* When using to image the Sun, use appropriate solar filters.
|Assembled Product Weight
||DC 5V over PC USB port
||CMOS - SONY IMX178
||1/1.8 inch (7.4mm x 4.9mm)
||6.3 Megapixels (3072 x 2048)
||2.4μm x 2.4μm
||8 or 14 bits
|Frames per second/Resolution
||59 fps at full resolution
||Electronic Rolling Shutter
|Minimum Exposure Time
|Maximum Exposure Time
||• 1.25" nosepiece • C-mount
||USB 2.0 or 3.0
|Back Focus Distance
||JPEG, BITMAP, FITS
||• Sensor Binning: 1x1, 2x2 • Digital Binning: 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4
||-10C ~ 50C
||-20C ~ 60C
||30% ~ 80%
- LPI-G Color camera
- High Speed USB 3.0 A male to B male gold plated connectors' cable/ 1.5m
- ST-4 Guide cable - 1.5m guide cable
- 1.25" nose extension with C-mount
- Meade Sky Capture Software on CD ROM- Includes Installation and Operating Instructions.
||1.25" diameter. 1.7" x 2.8" (43mm x 72mm)