The iEXOS-100 is an astronomical GOTO system that utilizes a proven German equatorial mount design and Explore Scientific’s revolutionary PMC-Eight™ precision motion control system to flawlessly navigate the night sky and track objects as they journey across it.
Mount head weight:
- Integrated Explore Scientific PMC-Eight™ system that transcends the industry standard single processor by utilizing eight CPUs that operate independently of one another to focus on defined functions, which results in superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability and astoundingly fast timing intervals.
- Clutched dual-axis worm gears with quiet precision stepper motor belt drives
- Intuitive ExploreStars app, which is available for Apple, Android and Windows tablets, that makes it simple to operate the GOTO system. Through it, users can quickly align their telescope, navigate the stars and learn specifics about tens of thousands of celestial objects.
- Locking clutches and altitude knob, which make the process of repositioning your telescope efficient.
- Small polar alignment tunnel in mount base that can be used to roughly align your observing setup with Polaris.
- Battery pack powering the PMC-Eight™ system uses 8 C batteries and is secured in a bracket on one of the tripod legs when in use.
- Two 1 kg counterweights included.
- Glow-in-the-dark markings on mount and tripod.
Tripod fully collapsed, no mount head:
Tripod open, retracted legs, no mount head:
Tripod open, retracted legs with the mount head:
38.5” at highest point, 36” to the center of the mounting bracket
Tripod open, legs fully extended, no mount head:
Tripod open, legs fully extended with the mount head:
45” at highest point
Mount weight capacity:
15 lbs Photographic; 19 lbs Visual (Equip & Weights)