Three-in-one GoTo mount can operate in GoTo Equatorial mode holding one telescope, or in GoTo Altazimuth mode holding one or two different telescopes.
Capable of holding a 44-pound telescope payload -- ideal for any observational or astrophotographic pursuits.
Accurate belt-driven stepper motor drive system can locate any of over 42,000 celestial curiosities with a pointing accuracy of 5 arc-minutes and a tracking precision of 0.1436 arc-second steps.
Features closed-loop electronics to maintain alignment even after manual repositioning of attached telescope.
Features dual-width dovetail saddle for use with narrow or wide dovetail plates, 1" diameter retractable counterweight shaft, securely threaded power input jack and threaded DC cable, built-in autoguider port, PPEC capability, 9 slew speeds, and North/South hemisphere polar alignment scope.
The Orion Atlas EQ-G Equatorial Mount has been a standard in affordable, astrophotography-capable, GoTo mounts for nearly a decade. Now Orion is proud to announce the enhanced, more versatile Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G GoTo Mount. Certain to become a favorite among intermediate to experienced observers and astrophotographers, this three-in-one smart mount not only operates in equatorial GoTo mode holding one telescope, but also in Altazimuth GoTo & Tracking mode while holding one or even two different telescopes. Control the Atlas Pro via the included illuminated hand controller, or robotically with your PC/laptop, or even wirelessly from your iOS mobile device with optional Orion StarSeek software and Wi-Fi module (sold separately).
In addition to the dual Altaz and EQ modes, the Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G boasts some other key enhancements, including a smooth yet very robust latitude adjustment for accurate polar alignment, beefier Right Ascension (RA) and Declination (Dec) clutch adjustments, a thicker retractable counterweight shaft - 1" in diameter - and a thread-on shaft extension. The newly engineered equatorial head is a few pounds lighter than the Atlas EQ-G, but will carry a 44-pound telescope payload with ease. In Altazimuth GoTo & Tracking mode with two different telescopes, each side can hold up to a 44-pound telescope. The mount comes standard with an upgraded belt-driven stepper motor drive system that can locate over 42,000 celestial objects of interest with pointing accuracy of 5 arc-minutes and tracking precision of 0.1436 arc-second steps. The drive has closed-loop electronics, with two sets of encoders per axis, meaning that once it is aligned you can manually move the attached telescope to a new target and the mount will still know where it's pointing in the sky! What's more, after manual re-pointing of the attached telescope, this smart mount can return to its last target or pinpoint any new target you select without requiring realignment.
This is a highly transportable, yet seriously heavy-duty mount; the mount and tripod weigh in at 51 lbs. (without counterweights) and the mount can be uncoupled from the tripod with a single hand knob. Loaded with great features, the Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G GoTo Mount has a secure, threaded power input jack; a built-in autoguider port for accurate astrophotographic use; and offers 9 different slew speeds (up to 4.2° per second). This performance-packed mount also features Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC). The Atlas Pro's dual-width dovetail saddle accommodates both narrow (Vixen-style) and wide (Losmandy-style) dovetail attachment plates. Along with its sturdy steel-legged tripod, the mount also includes a second dovetail saddle for dual-telescope Altazimuth operations, illuminated polar axis scope with adjustable brightness, two 11-lb. counterweights, RS-232 communication cable, and 12-volt DC power cable with a secure threaded connector. This computerized GoTo mount requires a 12V DC power supply such as an Orion Dynamo (sold separately), or an AC-to-DC adapter with 4A or higher current output. An optional 5-amp AC-to-DC converter is also available (sold separately).
Whether you're seeking a reliable mount for astrophotography or just looking for an amazingly accurate GoTo platform for visual pursuits, let Orion's Atlas Pro shoulder the weighty responsibility for smooth, stable, and smart performance!
- Best for imaging: Deep sky
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- Weight rating: 44 lbs.
- Dovetail bar system: Yes
- Motor drive compatibility: Clock drive included
- Computerized compatibility: Go-To included
- Alignment procedure: 3-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, 1-Star Alignment
- Number of objects in database: 42,000+
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds: 3.4°/sec(800x), 600x, 500x, 400x, 64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1.75x, 1.5x, 1.25x
- Motor type: Microstep driven stepper motors
- Bearing material: Sealed ball bearings
- Power requirement: 12-volt DC - 5A (tip positive)
- PEC: Yes
- GPS: Sold separately
- Backlash compensation: Yes
- Latitude range: 10-90
- Setting circles: Yes
- Polar-axis scope: Included
- Counterweights: Two 11 lb.
- Available ports: RS-232, autoguider
- Tripod material: Steel
- Tripod leg diameter: 2.00 in.
- Counterweight bar length: 13 in.
- Diameter of counterweight shaft: 25mm
- Height range of mount: 42.00 in. - 64.00 in.
- Weight, mount/tripod: 51.1 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled: 73.1 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: Second dovetail saddle plate for mounting 2 scopes, Accessory tray, Serial cable for updating firmware
- Other features: Improved altitude adjustment mechanism, Improved Ra & Dec clutch mechanism, Threaded 12v power input port, includes DC cable
- Warranty: One year