- This 6.3mm Orion Sirius Plossl eyepiece is ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric
- Superb 6.3mm focal length 1.25" eyepiece for high-power planetary and lunar observation in any telescope
- Offers a 52-deg apparent field of view for clear, sharp views of impressively high contrast
- Fully coated optics with magnesium fluoride on every air-to-glass surface to reduce reflection and increase light transmission
- Eyepiece barrel threaded for use with 1.25" Orion filters
It's no surprise that the eyepieces in our Sirius Plossl line are our best-selling telescope eyepieces. Quality this good usually costs a lot more.
Offering a wide 52° apparent field of view, this 6.3 mm Orion Sirius Plossl Telescope Eyepiece provides extremely sharp images of impressively high contrast. It's ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric. The Plossl 4-element design is renowned for its outstanding performance, and has become the standard by which all other telescope eyepieces are judged.
The Sirius Plossl optical system is multi-coated for excellent light transmission and bright views. Lens edges are blackened to reduce scattering of stray light and maximize contrast.
The lenses are mounted in black-anodized aluminum housings with a 1.25"-diameter chrome-plated brass barrel for durability and precision fit. The barrel is internally threaded to accept standard telescope filters. The built-in rubber eyeguard enhances viewing by helping to block out ambient light and position the eye.
This 6.3 mm Orion Sirius Plossl Eyepiece is superb for high-power planetary and lunar observation, and well suited to double-star viewing when stable seeing conditions permit.