- This 32mm Plossl 1.25" eyepiece is ideal for all types of telescopes:
reflector, refractor, and Cassegrain
- Offers a 52° apparent field of view for clear, sharp images of the Moon,
planets and many deep space objects with impressively high contrast
- Eyepiece optics are multi-coated for bright, clear views
- Offers a very wide true field and a wide apparent field for dramatic visual
- Threaded for use with 1.25" telescope eyepiece filter
It's no surprise that the eyepieces in our Sirius Plossl line are our best-selling
telescope eyepieces. Quality this good usually costs a lot more.
Offering a wide 52° apparent field of view, this 32mm Orion Sirius Plossl
Telescope Eyepiece provides extremely sharp images of impressively high contrast.
It's ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric.
The Plossl 4-element design is renowned for its outstanding performance, and
has become the standard by which all other telescope eyepieces are judged.
The Sirius Plossl optical system is multi-coated for excellent light transmission
and bright views. Lens edges are blackened to reduce scattering of stray light
and maximize contrast.
The lenses are mounted in black-anodized aluminum housings with a 1.25"-diameter
chrome-plated brass barrel for durability and precision fit. The barrel is internally
threaded to accept standard telescope filters. The built-in rubber eyeguard
enhances viewing by helping to block out ambient light and position the eye.
This 32mm telescope eyepiece offers a very wide true field and a wide apparent
field, for dramatic visual effects.
- Design: Plossl
- Eyepiece focal length: 32.0mm
- Barrel size: 1.25"
- Apparent field of view: 52.0°
- Eye relief: 20.0mm
- Coatings: Multi-coated
- Number of elements: 4
- Filter threads: Yes
- Parfocal: No
- Field stop diameter: 28.6mm
- Barrel security recess: No
- Blackened lens edges: Yes
- Rubber eyeguards: Yes
- Body material: Aluminum
- Case: No
- Weight (oz.): 5
- Dimensions: 3.0 in. x 1.6 in.
- Warranty: One Year
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from
date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser