Livestock heat stress can cause serious health issues in your valuable livestock as well as reduced dairy and herd productivity. Stay informed of heat conditions in the barn or during transport with the Kestrel D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor. Multiple built-in environmental measurements mean your DROP D2 can also be used for many other agricultural applications including hay and feed storage areas and greenhouses.
The Kestrel Drop D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor is a very affordable rugged heat stress monitor that can be used in the barn, during transport, or anywhere livestock are housed. Simply hang in place wherever insight into conditions is needed, and access current conditions and historical readings with your iOS or Android device. Designed by Kestrel with input from some of the world's most respected experts in livestock heat stress, the Kestrel DROP D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor is designed to help you MEASURE and MANAGE your animals heat stress, ensuring
you MAXIMIZE your bottom line.
- Direct readout of Temperature Humidity Index (THI) a dairy cattle
specific measurement that provides guidance for when heat stress will start
to reduce milk production.
- Also measures heat stress index, temperature, humidity and dew point for
application to many types of livestock and agricultural applications.
- The EASIEST and most accurate way to monitor and track environmental measurements
critical to agriculture in almost any farm, home or transport location
wet or dry, indoors or out.
- Easily hangs inside a barn, transport vehicle or wherever livestock are
- Horse shippers - monitor trailer temperatures and heat index from inside
your truck! Know when to find shade or take a break to water your horses.
- View data wirelessly with Kestrel LiNK app, powered by Bluetooth® low
energy, on mobile devices and computers when within 100 of device. See,
save and share data from multiple DROPs with just one phone or tablet.
- Store thousands of data points and get months of logging on a single coin-cell
battery - customize logging rate, connections and alerts
- Android 4.3 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth®
low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola, Android and other
recent generation phones and tablets.
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), dust and waterproof (sealed
to IP67 standards).
- 5-year warranty.